[Evolution] FAQ vs User Docs [was: reanimation of backup]

On Wed, 2012-03-14 at 07:52 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Milan, there's a warning at the top of that page to the effect that the
FAQ is no longer maintained and no material should be added to it. I
personally consider this a big mistake as in my view a FAQ and a
reference manual are two different things, plus the FAQ is much more
convenient as a reference point for specific issues, but that's how
things currently stand.

I'm the one to blame as I added this. IMO anything that helps the user
should be in one central place - in the user docs. I don't consider the
user docs a "reference manual" (not sure what that term means).
And I welcome patches. :)

The problem might be where to make the cut - what is still a
*frequently* asked question and what it isn't.

Could you elaborate a bit?

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed