[Evolution] how do I set up evolution to work in ubuntu?

I got it set up in the past but recent installs was unrewarding lets see I set up my port assignments like so with server info as follows -pop.att.yahoo.com.995-when I try evolution it quickly shows the downloading msg screen and thats it.any help would be useful in solving my problem and how I send mail msgs is entirely in windows XPwhich I hate.so please a little help would be useful in my endevors.
Chris Sislo