Re: [Evolution] An interesting problem

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:14 PM, Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:

With further investigation, the problem does indeed seem to be in the
file.  If I copy the file to another directory, it gets bigger by about
a meg.  I can attach that copy to a message without problems whereas the
original will lock up evolution.

That sounds like a low level file corruption - look in /var/log/messages
(or its equivalent on your system) to see if there are any issues with
the disk itself - if that's OK, run fsck on the partition (from a live
distro if possible, the partition needs to be unmounted).  Normal
disclaimers apply: back up your data, I'm not responsible for anything.

Another alternative is to run the file through a video conversion
utility (for example ffmpeg).