Re: [Evolution] Merging Inbox/Outbox files

And stop top posting ...

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 09:29 -0400, William Farmer wrote:
I'm not able to run rpm -q evolution. It tells me

wfarmer wfarmer:/opt$ rpm -q evolution
package evolution is not installed

It's Ubuntu, it doesn't use RPM, I'm not surprised it doesn't produce
anything useful.

I tried to create a new account and add a mailbox, but then it was
asking me for SMTP information. Do I have to re-enter the same account
for this?

Enter the SMTP information for your ISP - it actually doesn't really
matter, you won't ever be using the information to send mail.

Also, someone else

That would be me ...

 asked if they looked like mbox files. I have no idea
how to check for that.

Do the files look like lots of mail messages one after the other?

If you do 'file Inbox' what does it say?

P.