Re: [Evolution] Merging Inbox/Outbox files

/home/wfarmer/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/Inbox is the old Inbox
/home/wfarmer/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/Outbox is the old Outbox

On upgrade, I backed up both files to /home/wfarmer/Desktop

So where would I copy this file to? I'm not able to do an import through
evolution as it comes up with errors, so I'd rather just copy the file
over and be done. I'd love to import my old email and recover it, but I
can't seem to import this file.

1) Is this possible? If so, how.
2) How else can I restore this Inbox through the command line?

As has been discussed on this mailing list numerous times in the last
few days/weeks/months ... you can't copy an mbox file to the current
Evolution local folders because the format of locally stored mail has
changed to Maildir.  Not only that, if you don't understand how
Evolution stores it's internal data, then don't fiddle with it, all you
are going to do is to make things worse.

If you have an mbox file with mail in, then the best way of importing it
is to use Evolution's import facility.  If the import comes up with
errors, then the file is corrupt.

You said it "completely hosed my Evolution client" - what do you mean?
Do you mean that the binary was corrupt?  Or that it didn't reformat
your mail boxes correctly?  If the latter, then do you think it might be
because your old Inbox was actually corrupt and so Evolution wasn't able
to do the translation?

P.