Re: [Evolution] Error while fetching mail

On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 12:00 -0700, Per Magne Knutsen wrote:
This is not a major issue. Evolution is great as-is. The new Composer
behavior is just a minor annoyance, although it comes with a benefit
too. Matthew Barnes suggested in his post to add a Send Later option
(preferably available with a Ctrl+?? keystroke) that would place the
message in the Outbox until the next Send. I think that's a good idea,
as I can see how it would improve the workflow when editing a large
number of message, as in my case.

My manager has a strange workflow with Evolution which he's shown me on
occasion.  Like you, he composes a large number of emails on any given
day.  But instead of sending them immediately he leaves the composer up
in the background until the end of the day, and then sends them all off
at once.

I think he even sometimes uses it as a kind of to-do list.  Like he'll
click reply on a message but not actually reply until later in the day,
and leave the composer open as a reminder to himself.

Sometimes he even shuts his laptop down with the composer windows still
open, and relies on Evolution's crash recovery feature to recover the
unsent messages when he gets home.  (That one's a little crazy.)

I mention this only to point out that you don't necessarily have to wait
for a "Send Later" feature to send later.

Matthew Barnes