[Evolution] Evolution 3.4.2 problems

I just upgraded to Fedora 17 from Fedora 14 by doing a fresh install.  I
kept my home directory including .local where evolution stores things.
I am also running Fedora 15 on another machine with evolution 3.0.3.

I am having some problems with the new evolution.
1. When I choose Send/Receive, it takes it quite a while to upload my
messages from my mail server.  (I checked the evolution preferences
against the 3.0.3 version and they are unchanged.)
2. Various local folders have disappeared in the new versions to be
replaced by folders of the form name_sbd which are all empty.

Can someone direct me to documentation to help me understand the
changes?  Also, how can I speed up the loading and also find the folders
which still exist in .local/share/evolution/mail/local

I am not having any problems with evolution 3.0.3 under Fedora 15.
--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University