Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.4.2 problems

On Tue, 2012-06-12 at 13:08 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
I just upgraded to Fedora 17 from Fedora 14 by doing a fresh install.  I
kept my home directory including .local where evolution stores things.
I am also running Fedora 15 on another machine with evolution 3.0.3.

Are you sharing your home directory between these two machines?  Like an
NFS partition or something?

2. Various local folders have disappeared in the new versions to be
replaced by folders of the form name_sbd which are all empty.

Evolution 3.0 changed its local mail storage format from mbox to
Maildir.  The first time you started Evolution after upgrading you
should have been prompted about the format change and had to click OK to
proceed with the conversion.  Did that happen?

I ask because "sbd" is a file extension used only by Evolution's mbox
backend, which implies something went wrong with the migration, or it
didn't happen at all.  The migration should have also left behind an
account in your folder tree named "local_mbox", which is a backup
archive of your Evolution 2.x mbox folders.

For the error message you're getting after sending, just go into your
account settings ("Defaults" tab) and reselect your Sent folder.  That
should prevent future error messages.  That was an oversight on our part
which unfortunately slipped into the stable release.

Matthew Barnes