Re: [Evolution] Windows Version Evolution

Hi,

On Tue, 2012-07-17 at 19:21 -0800, Rivers wrote:
I use both Linux(Mint) and Windows 7. I installed Evolution on my old
Linux laptop and it works beautifully. I installed the latest version
for Windows on my fairly new Windows 7 laptop and it crashed several
times and would not import calendar items. The Windows version I
downloaded and installed was Evolution-2.28.2-1. I removed it form my
Windows Laptop using Revo Uninstall Pro and it tool nearly 30 minutes
to remove nearly 20,000 of files, folders and registry entires.

According to http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/download.shtml the
latest version available for Windows is 3.0.x.

This is a very nice program in Linux. I hope it becomes as good in the
Windows world. With Mozzella ending its support for Thunderbird in
2013, Evolution cold be a life saver for many users.

That would require somebody to work on the Windows version and provide
packaging. More manpower is not the case currently, as far as I can see.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper