Re: [Evolution] URGENT: Need help to restore evolution

Well, I have renamed these directories back now. Why do I still get the setup wizard when starting evo? Are
there any lock files I have to remove?
From: evolution-list-bounces gnome org [evolution-list-bounces gnome org] on behalf of Adam Tauno Williams
[awilliam whitemice org]
Sent: 05 January 2012 11:45
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] URGENT: Need help to restore evolution

On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 21:30 +0000, Svante R Signell wrote:
I accidentally moved all the .cache, .gnome2, etc libraries to _*
versions. Now when starting  evolution I get new setup, not the old
one: Where is the evolution file states hidden (except .local)

This is documented in the FAQ "Where does Evolution store my data?"
<https://live.gnome.org/Evolution/FAQ#Where_does_Evolution_store_my_data.3F>

It really seems odd how often this question comes up.

People: stop trashing your home directories.  Leave the dot files alone,
they are meant to be managed by applications - not users.