Re: [Evolution] Exchange Web Services and Global Address List

On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 14:59 +0000, mike _ wrote:

The url I've given evolution-ews is in the form
https://server/OAB/big_alpha_numeric_string_with_dashes_in_it/oab.xml
If I try accessing that url via Firefox I get a bunch of XML with
references to files with names ending lzx. If I go in to Account
Editor > Receiving options and tick 'Cache offline address book' then
click 'Fetch List' then the aforementioned XML appears in the DEBUG
output and '\Offline Global Address List' appears in the drop down
menu. So I'm assuming the url is correct.

When I try and search the Global Address List I either get no results
at all, or a single result when there should be more than one. E.g. I
search for 'Smith' and I get one result for someone with Smith in his
name, but there's more than one person called Smith in the Global
Address List. I can't pin down the circumstances under which I get a
single result or no result. Searching the Offline Global Address List
returns no results at all.

I don't see any evidence that Evolution is downloading anything
relating to the address lists. Where would the Offline Global Address
List be downladed to? ~/.cache/evolution/addressbook is only ~100KB
and isn't growing. Nothing appears in the DEBUG output when I search
the Global Address List.

Is this something that should work?

Yes. From a terminal, can you set the environment variable EWS_DEBUG=2
and then run e-addressbook-factory. Capture its output, perhaps by
running inside 'script'.

--
dwmw2