Re: [Evolution] evolutio forgets my passwords every start

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 00:04 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
My understanding is that under Gnome you should only ever have to give
the keyring password, and if it's the same as the login pw then you
won't have to give anything, i.e. it Just Works. Since I never use the
Gnome desktop (especially now with the flamewars about Gnome 3), I'm
just guessing about this.

That's basically correct.  The 'login' keyring is special because it's
tied into PAM somehow, and so if that's also your default keyring then
automatic unlocking should Just Work in most distros.

There's a wiki page that explains how to set this up manually, but I can
never get through it without my eyes glazing over.

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/Pam

Matthew Barnes