Re: [Evolution] evolutio forgets my passwords every start from Fri, 03 Feb 2012 15:39:53 -0800

On Sun, 2012-02-12 at 16:38 +0100, Paulo Crespi wrote:
I ran into the same problem after upgrading to evolution 3.2.1 on
OpenSuse 12.1 and KDE 4.7.2. After many (in my opinion useless)
attempts to solve the keyring issue, I eventually deleted gconf,
restarted evolution and set up my mail accounts. As expected Evolution
created new config files and from then on everything went more or less
fine. With or without seahorse or keyring daemon installed.

The keyring is always installed as a dependency, AFAIK.

Seahorse is certainly *not* required.  It is a [excellent] tool for
visualizing and managing your keyring which otherwise is just a
mysterious thing that exists under the covers.

It would have been interesting to know if you had just deleted your
default keyring via Seahorse and restarted if the problem would have
gone away.

 I may be mistaken, but it seems Evolution does not override the gnome
configuration properly. I hope this is helpful.

I'd *guess* the problem was in the default keyring somehow.  Perhaps
KDE's greeter doesn't initialize the keyring?  Don't know.

--
System & Network Administrator [ LPI & NCLA ]
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>