Re: [Evolution] Evolution -> New Windows does not open a new window

On Thu, 2012-12-20 at 13:18 +0100, Thomas Prost wrote:
Am Donnerstag, den 20.12.2012, 06:41 -0500 schrieb Matthew Barnes:
On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 06:22 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
In the dash currently open applications are illuminated and clicking an
illuminated icon takes you to the open application.  Or you can
right-click on an illuminated application and select and existing window
or "New Windows" to make a new window / instance on the current
workspace.
Following up...
The "New Window" action in GNOME Shell is equivalent to clicking the
application's launcher icon: it sends the already-running instance of
the application an "activate" signal.
The documentation for the "activate" signal [1] does not specify how
applications are supposed to handle it.  Some applications like GNOME
Terminal actually do open a new window, some applications like GEdit
open a new tab in its primary window, and some applications like
In between there are those "intelligent" ones, that tell you, that there
already is an instance running and ask you "Start Anyway ?" ;-)

Yep.  Then I growl at the screen and mutter "Uh, yea, that is why I
deliberately clicked 'New &^@&*^@&* Window'!".  :)