Re: [Evolution] Evolution -> New Windows does not open a new window

On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 07:41 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Tue, 2012-12-18 at 06:25 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
In the activity bar I right-click the Evolution icon and select "New
Window".
Activity bar is the black bar at the top of GNOME's shell?

Correct, sorry.  I believe I mean the 'dash' [essentially the dock on
the left side of the screen from which 'favorite' applications are
launched.].

In the dash currently open applications are illuminated and clicking an
illuminated icon takes you to the open application.  Or you can
right-click on an illuminated application and select and existing window
or "New Windows" to make a new window / instance on the current
workspace.

Don't know
where that menu item is coming from but it doesn't sound like anything
Evolution explicitly exports.  Possibly GtkApplication doing some new
trick we haven't learned to support.
I'll look into it.

--
Adam Tauno Williams
System Administrator, OpenGroupware Developer, LPI / CNA