From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
To: Jerry Criswell <jcriswell58 gmail com>
Cc: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Contact List
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 19:40:43 +0100

Hi Jerry,

please always mention your version. As per your email header I assume
that you run "Evolution 3.2.3-0ubuntu6".

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 12:26 -0600, Jerry Criswell wrote:
> I have a couple questions.  When you start to write an email and click
> the To: button to select receivers, The first thing you notice is the
> address book line is blank.  I understand you can have more than one
> address book, but when you only have one, is there some way to set it
> as default?

Go to the address book view of Evolution, right-click on an address book
in the left pane, click "Properties" and set "Mark as default address
book".

> Also the contacts list that is displayed only shows the email address.
> We all know that many times an email address has no resemblance to the
> person which it is for.  Is there some way to make this list show
> names instead of email?

I cannot reproduce that problem. I see full names here.
Which address book type is that about?
Local? Something online/remote? If so, what?

andre