Re: [Evolution] Contact List

Hi Jerry,

please always mention your version. As per your email header I assume
that you run "Evolution 3.2.3-0ubuntu6".

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 12:26 -0600, Jerry Criswell wrote:
I have a couple questions.  When you start to write an email and click
the To: button to select receivers, The first thing you notice is the
address book line is blank.  I understand you can have more than one
address book, but when you only have one, is there some way to set it
as default?

Go to the address book view of Evolution, right-click on an address book
in the left pane, click "Properties" and set "Mark as default address
book".

Also the contacts list that is displayed only shows the email address.
We all know that many times an email address has no resemblance to the
person which it is for.  Is there some way to make this list show
names instead of email?

I cannot reproduce that problem. I see full names here.
Which address book type is that about?
Local? Something online/remote? If so, what?

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/