[Evolution] Contact List

I have a couple questions.  When you start to write an email and click the To: button to select receivers, The first thing you notice is the address book line is blank.  I understand you can have more than one address book, but when you only have one, is there some way to set it as default?

Also the contacts list that is displayed only shows the email address.  We all know that many times an email address has no resemblance to the person which it is for.  Is there some way to make this list show names instead of email?

Thank you for your time.
--

JC