Re: [Evolution] I guess I am going to have to change my e-maill address.

On 2012-08-27, Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee talk gmail com> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM, Paul's unattended mail
<paul murphy-eo5svjlg cool fr nf> wrote:
The new address should not be given to anyone.

While I understand what you meant, that would kind of defeat the
purpose of email, no? =p

It's about finess.  If someone is sloppy with their email address,
they will need a defensive email firewall.  IOW, giving the address
out is throwing away the most effective line if defense.  Then they
are forced to trust unreliable defense systems that break legit email
(like DNSBLs).

The security principle here is called the "rule of least privilege".
The idea is that if a disclosure or permission is not needed to get a
job done, don't do it.  The other party does not *need* to know your
internal email address - they only need to know an address that
forwards to your internal one.