Re: [Evolution] Data migration Evolution 2.24.5 to 3.4.3

On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 13:24 -0600, Brian A Anderson wrote:
On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 17:26 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Mon, 2012-08-06 at 09:52 -0600, Brian A Anderson wrote:
How do I migrate from one machine running Evolution 2.24.5 to another
machine running Evolution 3.4.3.

I tried using this procedure but it did not work.
I used the backup from the old version 2.24.5 it produced a
evolution-backup.tar.gz

Sorry, it didn't impinge on my brain that you were using such an old
version.

So I killed all the programs and removed all the files in my user space
and restarted evolution 3.4.3 on the new machine

Did you try restarting Evolution without removing the files to see if it
migrated the data to the new format?

 and downloaded files
from my ISP provider.
So far so good.  But no files from before.

Sometimes it is better to start from scratch and rebuild all the data -
it depends on how many mail accounts you have, how your accounts are
accessed and how complex your setup is.  I'm going to have to do it at
some point because I have crud in my Evo folders from much testing of
various mail types, calendars, contacts and so on, and I have no idea
which I can safely delete!  So, look on the bright side ....

P.