Re: [Evolution] Data migration Evolution 2.24.5 to 3.4.3

I believe I have found a procedure to follow to do a migration/merge of
data from a backup.tar.gz file from the old 2.24.5 version to the newer
3.4.3 version.

The key piece of info that I needed was the format of the two different
versions.   Since I was only really using evolution as a mail system I
could ignore most of the other files.  I was only really interested in
extracting the mail messages from the old version and saving them.

Meanwhile I had started to use 3.4.3 so I had msgs that I did not want
to lose so a full restore was out of the question.  And the project
became a merge of data from the old into the newer version.

As I said before the prospect of upgrading the version on the dying
machine was not available.

I am in the process of writing a summary/procedure of what I did and how
it works so that it can be done by those who suffer from the same
problem I encountered.    I will post those notes to this mailing list.
I warn it is a bit long.   But I hope it would help some.

Thanks to those that responded and provided me the info needed to learn
what I learned.

Thanks,
Brian Anderson