Re: [Evolution] Evolution-wes

On 27 October 2011 00:26, L <yuanlux gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-10-26 at 14:44 +1100, L wrote:
>> the error at ./configure is
>>

>> configure: error: Package requirements (libedataserverui-1.2 >=
>> 2.31.1) were not met:
>>
>> No package 'libedataserverui-1.2' found
>
>        Hi,
> install development packages for evolution-data-server and evolution. If
> you encounter any similar issue with them installed, for other package,
> then just find out which package provides the file with .pc extension
> (in the above case it is libedataserverui-1.2.pc) and install it too.

thanks

It seems i have evolution-dev and evolution-data-server-dev installed.

sudo apt-get install evolution-dev evolution-data-server-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
evolution-data-server-dev is already the newest version.
evolution-dev is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

how to check what .deb package contains this .pc file? I knew how to
do this in fedora, but just move to Ubuntu. haven't figure out how to
identify what package to install to get  libedataserverui-1.2.pc?

thanks

You should install libedataserverui-3.0-dev  (assuming you have Oneiric). I was able to successfully build it, just let me know what other dependencies you are missing and I will point you to the right packages.

Regards.