Re: [Evolution] How to handle unsolicited e-mails with evolution 2.32.2 ?

On Sun, 2011-11-27 at 13:49 +0100, Thomas Prost wrote:
Am Sonntag, den 27.11.2011, 11:09 +0000 schrieb Pete Biggs:
Your spam isn't being filtered, therefore it's not working.  The
How were you able to see that ?

Well it's fairly obvious? You've been going on for ages about it not
filtering your messages, therefore I thought it was fairly safe to
assume that, err, it wasn't working as intended.

discussion is what part of the junk filtering is failing - and there are
,,, that´s my question
two parts to that question: what, specifically, in your case is going
wrong; and how, in general, the FAQ needs to be improved to help other
people.
I wouldn´t arrogate to be helpful for other people without having my own
"simple" problem solved. In addition, I sadly am not a native speaker.
I´m afraid my help would only be baffling the helpless lost in
translation ...

That wasn't directed specifically at you - there was discussion amongst
a few people in this thread about the FAQ and its failings.  Just
because you started this thread does not mean that every single thing in
it is for you to consider and act upon.  It's called a conversation.

Well test it.  Run bogofilter outside of Evo with known good and bad
messages and see if it correctly classifies them.
Weren´t we looking for what´s missing ? THAT´s missing (in any FAQ I
found) :-(

Save a message to a file,  run

 bogofilter -t message.file

this will print 'Y' if it's spam, 'N' if it's not and 'U' if it's
unsure.  There are other command line options, do 'man bogofilter' to
find them.  It's not difficult finding out this information.

P.