Re: [Evolution] Problems with message filtering and automatic expunging

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 17:10 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 11:07 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 25 November 2011 09:52, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
        I don't think MOVE is the same as DELETE (although they might
        be the same in IMAP protocol terms) - most clients for a MOVE
        will do a COPY + EXPUNGE {id}.  So the message will not appear
        in the source folder as deleted, it will just be gone.
Actually Evo uses MOVE+DELETE. Deleted messages remain in place until
expunged, but note that the IMAP EXPUNGE command operates on the
entire folder, i.e. there is no such thing as EXPUNGE{id}. This is
where most other MUAs get it wrong IMHO.
Then I don't understand why the downloaded POP messages are deleted from
the local INBOX if I request that evo should show deleted messages?

I'm not sure [I don't use local mailboxes much].  I'd first wonder if
"deleted messages" has any meaning for a local mailbox of it that is
only implmented / supported / understood for IMAP [or other
remote-store] mailboxes.

It seems reasonable for it not to be supported - there are no "deleted
messages" for a local mailbox; a local mailbox just contains the
messages it contains.  I could be wrong.