Re: [Evolution] Problems with message filtering and automatic expunging

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 11:07 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 25 November 2011 09:52, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
        I don't think MOVE is the same as DELETE (although they might
        be the same in IMAP protocol terms) - most clients for a MOVE
        will do a COPY + EXPUNGE {id}.  So the message will not appear
        in the source folder as deleted, it will just be gone.

Actually Evo uses MOVE+DELETE. Deleted messages remain in place until
expunged, but note that the IMAP EXPUNGE command operates on the
entire folder, i.e. there is no such thing as EXPUNGE{id}. This is
where most other MUAs get it wrong IMHO.

Then I don't understand why the downloaded POP messages are deleted from
the local INBOX if I request that evo should show deleted messages?