Re: [Evolution] Evo 3.0.2 won't download mail

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:53:19 -0430
Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:

On Sat, 2011-06-25 at 21:55 +1000, Rick Phillips wrote:
I will try a fresh install in the morning when I am feeling a little
less frustrated.  I will remove all existing accounts and mail files
and start from scratch to see what happens but I am not hopeful.
The duplicate mail downloads have started again so I have to remove
some 500 duplicates every time I start Evo.  This is very bad
really.

A hypothetical explanation for both problems would be that Evo and the
mail server don't agree on what messages are new:

1) Evo won't download new messages after the first time, because it
thinks there's nothing new on the server, *or* because the server
isn't telling it.

2) When it does download messages, it includes old ones because it has
somehow forgotten it has already seen them, *or* because the server
isn't indicating correctly that they are old.

Does the server work correctly with a different client, e.g.
Thunderbird?

The mail server works correctly with everything else - Outlook, Claws,
iPhone and Evolution 2.23.  I just does not work with Evo 3.

I have now had to abandon the product and have moved to Claws - not as
good but my sanity has returned.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Rick