Re: [Evolution] Error while Scanning folders in "Exchange server red001.mail.microsoftonline.com"

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011, Pete Biggs wrote:

I haven't been able to make it work.
Copying from the account editor:
Identity
Name: Michael Hennebry ndsu edu
Full Name: MJH
Email Address: Michael Hennebry ndsu edu
Receiving Email
Server Type: Exchange Web Services
Username: Michael.Hennebry

As I said a few hours ago - the "Username" needs to be the email address
that delivers mail directly to the exchange server - it must not be an
alias (like your @ndsu.edu address is).  When you click on "Fetch URL"
it should populate both the Host URL an OAB URL fields with the correct
values.  If it doesn't, then your username or password is wrong.

Debugging with GUIs does bad things to my brain.
I have trouble remembering what I've done before,
so I do a lot of wheel-spinning.
Sometimes it leaves ruts.

There is Email address under Identity and
Username under Receiving Email.
Are these supposed to be the same?

Host Url: https://red001.mail.microsoftonline.com/owa/
OAB: Url: ndsu.edu

Those are probably not correct.  The Host URL is usually something like
https://host.name/ews/exchange.asmx and the OAB URL is
https://host.name/oab/<string of numbers>/oab.xml

However, do you know if microsoftonline.com supports EWS?  Can you
connect to it using Outlook on Windows?  Or do you have to always use
the OWA client?

Outlook is the recommended client.

--
Michael   hennebry web cs ndsu NoDak edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.