Re: [Evolution] Evo 3.0.2 won't download mail

I presume you are talking about POP3 - you don't actually say.

With this version, there are a couple of further difficulties such as
continuing to collect duplicates of mail (for various reasons I leave
mail on the server) and the fact that it only receives mail when it is
opened initially and not after that.  Even when invoking "get mail"
manually, nothing downloads.  To get new mail, I have to shut down and
restart Evolution.  I have tried every conceivable setting combination
over a period of 3 days to no avail.

As you said, others have complained about it as well, but I can't find
any bug listed in Bugzilla about it.  I don't use POP3 (and my advice to
anyone having problems with it is usually to ditch POP3 and use IMAP
instead), so there's no point in me filing a bug.

I suggest you do some debugging and data gathering - see here for more
information on how to do it:

     http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml

and then file a bug.  If it's a duplicate or a trivial problem you will
soon find out.  If you do file a bug please let this list know the bug
ID so others can add to it if necessary.

The other thing to try is to create a new Linux account and set up mail
from that to see if it's still a problem.  It may be that something in
the upgrade process got mucked up.

P.