Re: [Evolution] Installing Evolution Exchange

Exact version needed.

Exchange 5.5 .

Are you sure!  That's an ancient version - released in 1997.

Fairly certain.
If I try Server Type: Microsoft exchange and OWA URL
https://red001.mail.microsoftonline.com

If you go to that URL with a browser you'll see that it's actually
Exchange 2007. evolution-exchange will definitely NOT work with that.

I'm asked for my password.
After I give it, I get a complaint about 5.5 .

When I try Exchange MAPI,
It mentions Michael Hennebry https
and eventually complains of login failure.

Have you installed evolution-mapi?  Can you get it to connect to the
server?

Yes.  No.

The service you are trying to use (Exchange Online) is a cloud based
service and will almost certainly live behind proxies with clustered
servers.  evolution-mapi does not work with such a setup.

If you can use Outlook on a PC to connect to the service, then in all
likelihood you will be able to use either evolution-ews or DavMail to
connect to it.

evolution-ews (ews=Exchange Web Services) is new and is officially (I
think) at alpha status.  I have used it and it does seem to be
reasonably stable though - mail features seem to be fairly complete.
The downside is that because it's still in development it isn't in any
of the distro repositories yet so it needs to be installed manually.
David Woodhouse (CC'd) is the developer and he will be able to tell you
more.

DavMail is a gateway that runs on your computer. It connects to an
Exchange server and presents mail & calendar to other applications using
proper standards based methods. http://davmail.sourceforge.net/

P.