Re: [Evolution] delete from trash

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 19:23 -0500, Arthur Machlas wrote:
What does "can't empty trash" mean? You get an error? The action appears
to work but nothing happens? It appears to work but something unexpected
happens?

When I try to empty trash, and I don't have a working network
connection, I get the following error:

"Error while Expunging folder '.#evolution/Trash'.
Host lookup failed: pop.1and1.com: Name or service not known"

If I have a working internet connection, but I've told evolution to go
offline, I can empty the trash folder. And obviously, if I get that
error message then connect to a network I can empty the trash no
problems.

        Hi,
what is your setup for the POP3 account? I suppose you have checked
"Delete expunged from local Inbox", which may explain why it tries to
contact the server and drop messages from there. The POP3 accounts don't
have any real offline handling, they are just downloading messages
locally, and this new feature is able to delete them from the server
too.

Nonetheless, it's a bug, as mentioned by Pete in this thread, please
file it in Gnome's bugzilla and post a bug link here, thus people
interested in the bug can follow it.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan