Re: [Evolution] delete from trash

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:12 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 09:51 -0500, Arthur Machlas wrote:
Is this move to a new format related to the fact that I can't empty my
trash for a local pop folder if I'm working offline? It's an annoying
new 'feature'.

What version of Evo?

3.0 in Fedora 15

What new format are you talking about? This is ambiguous unless we know
the Evo version.

Whatever was referenced in the email above mine.

What does "can't empty trash" mean? You get an error? The action appears
to work but nothing happens? It appears to work but something unexpected
happens?

When I try to empty trash, and I don't have a working network
connection, I get the following error:

"Error while Expunging folder '.#evolution/Trash'.
Host lookup failed: pop.1and1.com: Name or service not known"

If I have a working internet connection, but I've told evolution to go
offline, I can empty the trash folder. And obviously, if I get that
error message then connect to a network I can empty the trash no
problems.

This is what I mean when I say I can't empty the trash unless I'm
connected to the internet.

Remember that Trash is not a real folder but a virtual folder, even when
associated with a POP account.

Yes, well, if I clicked on expunge inbox I'd still expect it to work
when offline. Not for imap perhaps, I don't know I don't use it, but
for pop certainly I would think so.