Re: [Evolution] Problem with the list?

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 15:02 +0930, Wayne Sierke wrote:
On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 23:17 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

First I went to the admin page at
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/options/evolution-list (with the idea of
checking if I'd turned off delivery and forgotten about it). Since I had
naturally forgotten my list password, I requested a new copy. Nothing
happened.

Just in case you've forgotten, your original password was included in
the "Welcome" message that was sent when you subscribed.
Wayne

That was many years ago and is long gone.

I eventually got a reply from one of the admins, to the effect that he
couldn't find me on the members list. He suggested I resubscribe. I
attempted to do so, but the subscription was rejected on the grounds
that I was already subscribed!

I reported all this to the admin. He never replied but after a day or
two I suddenly started getting list traffic. I then tried the password
reminder again and this time it worked.

My assumption is that something was wrong with the Mailman database and
it is now fixed, but that's mere supposition on my part.

P.S. This problem is another example of why sending a "courtesy copy" to
the participants of a discussion is the superior strategy.

I don't think I want to go there again :-)

poc