Re: [Evolution] Problem with the list?

On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 14:24 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 15:02 +0930, Wayne Sierke wrote:
On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 23:17 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

First I went to the admin page at
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/options/evolution-list (with the idea of
checking if I'd turned off delivery and forgotten about it). Since I had
naturally forgotten my list password, I requested a new copy. Nothing
happened.

Just in case you've forgotten, your original password was included in
the "Welcome" message that was sent when you subscribed.
Wayne

That was many years ago and is long gone.

I eventually got a reply from one of the admins, to the effect that he
couldn't find me on the members list. He suggested I resubscribe. I
attempted to do so, but the subscription was rejected on the grounds
that I was already subscribed!

Your subscription request was rejected because i went ahead and added
you to the list before you tried to subscribe. Somehow my replies are
not getting delivered in time. The initial mail where i replied to you,
delivered to you after 4 days and you thought nobody (admin) cared about
your email.

I reported all this to the admin. He never replied but after a day or
two I suddenly started getting list traffic.

I did reply you but mail was bounced with below error

The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following:

poc usb ve (450 <poc usb ve>: Recipient address rejected:
Greylisted for 5 minutes)

 I then tried the password
reminder again and this time it worked.

My assumption is that something was wrong with the Mailman database and
it is now fixed, but that's mere supposition on my part.

P.S. This problem is another example of why sending a "courtesy copy" to
the participants of a discussion is the superior strategy.

I don't think I want to go there again :-)

poc

--- Begin Message ---

The message that you sent was undeliverable to the following:

        poc usb ve (450 <poc usb ve>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted for 5 minutes)

Information about your message:
        Message log tag: 31449984
        Number of send attempts: 2
        Time of initial send attempt: 06-02-11 23:03:10
        Time of last send attempt: 06-05-11 03:27:16

Possibly truncated original message follows: