Re: [Evolution] Problem with the list?

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 23:17 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

First I went to the admin page at
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/options/evolution-list (with the idea of
checking if I'd turned off delivery and forgotten about it). Since I had
naturally forgotten my list password, I requested a new copy. Nothing
happened.

Just in case you've forgotten, your original password was included in
the "Welcome" message that was sent when you subscribed.

You can also try sending a message to evolution-list-request gnome org
with "help" in the subject or body. If that's working for you (I just
tried it and got a response) then you should be able to manage your
password using that interface.

Interestingly I just browsed my own mailman settings page for this list
and even though I have the "Get password reminder email for this list?"
option set to "Yes", I don't seem to have ever received any. In fact the
last reminder I can find for any @gnome.org lists is from 2004.

Wayne

P.S. This problem is another example of why sending a "courtesy copy" to
the participants of a discussion is the superior strategy.