Re: [Evolution] gconf-edit

On Sat, 2011-01-29 at 09:11 -0800, les wrote:
Hi, guys,
        I really miss having the application save preferences
directly, such as
moving the separation bars and having that setup saved automatically
for
the next start.  I also miss being able to have the pull down menu to
set preferences rather than the really brutal gconf-editor stuff.
Additionally this gconf stuff represents a single point of failure for
applications, making Linux as brittle as Windows with no appreciable
benefit to users.

        Of course I don't know what drove this development, but I can
tell you
that from a users perspective, the applications need to have
preferences
setting capabilities that are clear and easily accessible.  The gconf
stuff is neither.

Regards,
Les H

Les,

1. You do not tell us which version of evolution you are running or on
what OS and version.

2. When I move my separation bars and then exit evolution, they are
where I placed them the next time I start evolution.

3. I have been using evolution, with Fedora, for several years and have
never had to resort to using gconf-edit to modify any of my evolution
preferences.
You might try clicking Edit > Preferences in the toolbar and see if that
gets you where you want to be.

4. Instead of posting only negatives, you could ask for politely for
guidance in resolving your problems.

5. If you don't like the way evolution works, you are free to find
something else.

Dan
Fedora 14 - Evolution 2.32.1
Dan Brenner                      0-
dbrenner dbrenner com      All Opinions are My Own???