Re: [Evolution] Evolution places quoted text in a table, when replying sometimes

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 17:32 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
It's an issue with GtkHtml's editing mode.  GtkHtml is our ancient and
dead-in-the-water HTML renderer which is now pretty much on life support
until we can ditch it for WebKit/GTK+.

After some Internet searching, I found some references on mailing lists
about evolution dumping GtkHtml for WebKit dating back to 2006. So, I
have to ask if anyone knows of a plugin that overrides the default
evolution composer for a no frills plain text composer?

While I'm asking questions, I haven't been able to find an evolution
plugin for reading rss feeds or one that works with Dave Winer's
RSSCloud and google's PuSH (PubSubHubbub) protocols. Does anyone know of
something that might fit the bill? I'm using Akregator which is nice but
not integrated with evolution nor does it support RSSCloud or PuSH
protocols that I can tell.

At this point all I can do is make vague hand-wavy claims about how much
better WebKit will be.  Stay tuned.

Your vague hand-waviness is appreciated. But is anyone actually working
on the transition?