Re: [Evolution] Evolution places quoted text in a table, when replying sometimes

On Fri, 2011-01-28 at 14:39 -0500, Eric Morey wrote:
I noticed that when replying to certain e-mails, Evolution places the
quoted text of the original e-mail in a table. This makes commenting
in-line in my reply a bit frustrating.

Yep.  I'm a huge fan of Evolution - Evolution *ROCKS* full-stop - but
this behavior really cheeses me off.  Drives me up the wall.

The issue is when replying to &^%@&^@ *MORONS* who send HTML e-mail.  It
will always reply to the HTML part.  There are some preferences which
make it less annoying/frequent - but it never goes away.

I'm using Evolution 2.22.3.1 but have heard the same complaint from
someone using Evolution 2.28.3. I've filed a bug[1] after looking for an
open one on bugzilla.
As a work around, I normally:
- highlight the text in the table/cell press ctrl+c to copy it the the
clipboard;
- open a plain old text editor;

gedit!  It is always open anyway.

- press ctrl+v to paste the text to the text editor;
pressing delete until the I'm sure that it is gone or right clicking the
table and choosing the delete table option;

You can get the @*(^$*&@*( table to delete?  I frequently can only get
most of the @*^*&$( @*(&^$(&*@ ( thing to go away.

It may seem like a lot of steps but it takes less than a second if I
already have a text editor open. However, the fact that this workaround
is necessary to accomplish my task is annoying.
If someone knows of a better way to be able to reply with in-line
comments in this situation when using evolution, please let me know.