Re: [Evolution] Upgrade from old version loss calendar and addressbook

Il giorno mer, 05/01/2011 alle 10.42 +0100, Thomas Mittelstaedt ha
scritto:
Am Dienstag, den 04.01.2011, 17:01 +0100 schrieb Ambrogio De Lorenzo:
Hi all

I installed a fresh Fedora 14 with Evolution 2.32.1
I copied my home directory and started evolution that was 2.24.5 from
fedora 10

I worked because evo started and I found all my mails.
But I seen that one of my calendar was not imported.
I tried to import my old .ics files, but evo crashed everytime.

What was your previous version of evolution and fedora? Have you backed
up your evolution data using the backup&Recovery feature of the app?
As you can read in my email. Fedora was 10 and evo was 2.24.5
I tried a lot of things to solve the problem, and final I backupped
everything using the feature backup&restore.
Same behavior as copying the entire home directory (as bck is a simple
tar & dump of gconf files).
I solved (if I can say solved!!!!) starting with the old evolution,
exporting everything as ics and vcard, removing everything and copying
the home to the new fedora.

I have now a working evo, but I have a lot of errors in starting it. I
will try to solve them after.
Maybe I will post something else here to obtain a good starting point to
solve other issue related to this evolution.

If so you can use the recovery feature of the app.
The recovery feature using the original backup has the same problem. The
calendars have been migrated, but one is not usable, not removable and
not visible.
The addressbooks are not available.

Do you still have access to the original data?
How did you import the ics files? One by one using the import menu item?
The first time I migrated the entire home directory. No crash but
calendars unusable.

The next I imported the ics file using the import menu item. Evo
crashed.

Tnx
 Ambrogio