[Evolution] IMAP problems with Sent and Trash

Thank you to those who helped me understand better about "On This Computer" versus "Gmail" and the difference between POP and IMAP.

I took your advice and collapsed the "On This Computer" tab and set up "Gmail" as  IMAP+.  I then changed the defaults to Drafts > Gmail/drafts and Sent > Gmail/sent (otherwise my Sent items will end up "On This Computer" in Evolution).

The Drafts folder is great.  If I save a draft, then it gets saved there (as well as in my Gmail account, online).  However, the Sent folder is empty and won't seem to populate.  How do I fix this?

Also, the default Trash folder that appears under the Gmail tab (not the one that falls under the Google Mail tree) seems to archive the deleted mail, but then, after a few seconds, those emails vanish.  Why?

--
Jeremy Nell | jeremynell.com