Re: [Evolution] Been around the block again...

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 14:22 -0500, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 18:48 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

Are you *sure* it's Evo doing that?  Could it be your server doing it?
It sounds very unlike something that Evo would do and it's certainly not
something I have ever seen.
Yup. Positive. If I open subscriptions. I must remove the checkmark
and add it again to see the folder.

I would interpret that in exactly the opposite way!  Evo thinks you are
still subscribed otherwise it would have removed the checkmark, so it's
not Evo, but your server that's doing it.

I've seen the same sort of thing happen when another client changes the
subscriptions on the server - Evo can get very confused.

Isn't that why you have authenticated SMTP?  So you don't have to keep
changing SMTP servers - you just have one that allows relaying if you
are authenticated properly.

Besides, I don't see what's different between selecting an account in
the From: drop down menu and selecting a different SMTP server in
whatever config/selector Thunderbird uses.
Many ISPs I use throughout the day block TCP 25 at the gateway forcing
everyone to use their SMTP servers.

You should try using port 465 (as others have said).

P.