Re: [Evolution] evolution zimbra connector - Caldav

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 09:47 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
Please don't top post - it makes things difficult.

ok.

Do you have multiple domains on your Zimbra server?  All of my configs
don't have the @domain part.

Yes, I have a multiple domain innstallation.

I check the calendar in the left pane in evolution calendar view, but
when I try to create an event evolution gives me this error:"Cannot
create calendar object".

Can you see entries created using the Zimbra web client?  (That at least
will show if you have the correct URL for the calendar)

yes.

Using sunbird and webdav I got r/w access to the calendar. In Evolution
with webdav I'm not able to see the events already added through zimbra
web client.

I suggest to delete
your old CalDAV zimbra calendar and reconfigure a new one, using SSL. If
it'll still "not work", then please specify what "does not work" means,
like any error messages either from evolution's UI or from the console
(run e-calendar-factory and evolution from console to see what is
happening, and the e-calendar-factory also with CALDAV_DEBUG=all set, to
see the communication between client and the server).

Did you do this?  - i.e. set CALDAV_DEBUG and run Evo from a terminal?

yes, here is the output I got:

user host:/usr/lib/evolution$ ./e-calendar-factory
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendContactsEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendGoogleEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendGoogleTodosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendGroupwiseJournalFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendGroupwiseEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendGroupwiseTodosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendHttpMemosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendHttpEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendHttpTodosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendWeatherEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendMAPIJournalFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendMAPIEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendMAPITodosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendCalDAVMemosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendCalDAVTodosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendCalDAVEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendExchangeTodosFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendExchangeEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendFileJournalFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendFileEventsFactory'
e-data-server-Message: adding type `ECalBackendFileTodosFactory'
Server is up and running...

(e-calendar-factory:8202): e-cal-backend-caldav-WARNING **: Server did
not response with 207, but with code 4 (Cannot connect to destination)

(e-calendar-factory:8202): e-cal-backend-caldav-WARNING **: Server did
not response with 207, but with code 4 (Cannot connect to destination)
CalDAV - finished syncing with 0 items in a cache

(e-calendar-factory:8202): e-cal-backend-caldav-WARNING **: Server did
not response with 207, but with code 4 (Cannot connect to destination)

(e-calendar-factory:8202): e-cal-backend-caldav-WARNING **: Server did
not response with 207, but with code 4 (Cannot connect to destination)
CalDAV - finished syncing with 0 items in a cache

(e-calendar-factory:8202): e-cal-backend-caldav-WARNING **: Server did
not response with 207, but with code 4 (Cannot connect to destination)

(e-calendar-factory:8202): e-cal-backend-caldav-WARNING **: Server did
not response with 207, but with code 4 (Cannot connect to destination)
CalDAV - finished syncing with 0 items in a cache

this seems strange, because there is no firewall or such and because
with songbird it works correctly...

I stress an aspect: with evo 2.28 and the same zimbra server the same
configuration worked..the difference seems, to me, only that I was using
evo 2.28 32bit and now I switched to a 64 installation. Could this be
the trick? (I swear not..)