Re: [Evolution] Evolution customization

On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 10:01 -0800, CLOSE Dave wrote:
It works for me, to just drag messages from the summary window and drop
them into the attachment bar of an email message.

Thanks, I'll try that. As a CLI guy, I looked first for a menu
selection and didn't see one for this. (exmh has such a selection, for
example.) Dragging doesn't come naturally to me.

I will admit that dragging and dropping is far from perfect: I usually
have my Evo window maximized in one of my desktops, so in order to drag
and drop I have to un-maximize it (otherwise when I click on the message
in the summary that window comes to the foreground, hiding the mail
window I want to drag to).

Maybe there is some fancy keybindings that would resolve this issue, but
it would be very nice (and simpler) to have a cut/paste paradigm around
messages and attachments.

Luckily I very rarely want to attach messages like this: I simply reply
and add others as CC etc. or else I do a forward.