Re: [Evolution] All Attachments are "text/plain type"

On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 14:06 -0600, Bill Gorder wrote:
After working normally for a long time, evolution began labeling all
attachments to a sent email as "text/plain type" regardless of what the
application type really is.  The makes the attachment unusable to the
recipient (unless it really was a text file, of course).

I tried the following without success.

1) I performed the backup settings; rm -rf .evolution; restart
evolution; restore settings, and also

This is called "spinning your wheels". You backed up your settings and
then restored them. What did you expect to change?

2) Reinstalled evolution (via yum reinstall)

Another waste of time. This isn't Windows. If you suspect some part of
Evo is corrupt, use "rpm -V" to check the package installation.

I am running fedora 13 with evolution-2.30.3-1.fc13.x86_64.  I assume
something evolution uses but does not own has changed but am at a loss
for what it is and what changed it.

F13 was EOLed 6 months ago. This means that even serious security bugs
will not be fixed, and your Evo version will gradually drift away from
the mainstream, making it increasingly hard to get help. You should
update to F15 or F16.

Your problem may be related to /etc/mime.types (perhaps it's corrupt).

poc