Re: [Evolution] How can I get evolution to look at a /ar/spool/mail folder that I donwloaded?

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 18:11 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 17:26 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
...on my home computer, running Fedora 14, so that I can forward...

        Hi,
please do not write distribution version, it has a meaning only for
people whom are using it, write Evolution's version instead, from
Help->About.

How do I get evolution to see that external file as a list of mail
messages?

I figured out one way to do it.  I just put the relevant mail file in
~/Mail in my directory on the incoming server and I subscribed to it.

But I still don't know how I go about seeing the contents of a mail file
I have on my local computer running evolution.

Create a new account of type either "Spool directory" or "Spool file",
depending what you want, then you'll have a new account in the folder
tree where you can manage emails there. When you choose spool file/dir,
then you can select a file/directory, which evolution will check and
operate with for you.

But, if you want this to be done just once, then the import, suggested
by Constantin, is better choice.
        Bye,
        Milan