Re: [Evolution] How can I get evolution to look at a /ar/spool/mail folder that I donwloaded?

On Wed, 2011-08-17 at 17:26 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
I am in the process of setting up my mail and that of my wife to use
different mail servers than we have up to now.  In the process I messed
up some of my wife's mail transmission.  I have the lost mail in her
mail spool file on a computer in my office.  I have downloaded that to
my local computer.  I would like to read it with evolution, if possible
on my home computer, running Fedora 14, so that I can forward the
non-junk messages to her with her new setup.

How do I get evolution to see that external file as a list of mail
messages?

I figured out one way to do it.  I just put the relevant mail file in
~/Mail in my directory on the incoming server and I subscribed to it.

But I still don't know how I go about seeing the contents of a mail file
I have on my local computer running evolution.

--
Leonard Evens len math northwestern edu
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University