Re: [Evolution] [ANNOUNCE] Evolution-EWS (Exchange Web Services) Alpha release

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 00:02 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 00:05 +0200, Thomas Novin wrote:

Sounds promising! Will there be any packages available for install on
Ubuntu/Debian? If you would like to have many testers that would be a
smart move (and good for me since I consider compiling my own programs
bit 20th-century and try to avoid it to the longest these days :))

We do have Fedora and MeeGo packages¹, but nobody's built Debian/Ubuntu
packages as far as I'm aware. I tried enabling Debian and Ubuntu
packages in the MeeGo build system but they just say 'excluded',
strangely.

Doesn't Ubuntu still have Evolution 2.30 by default? I believe there
*is* someone building 2.32 packages for it? Perhaps they could build
Evolution-EWS packages too?

Natty 11.04 has Evolution 2.32 by default (will be released in a week or
so) and there are PPAs for 2.32 for Maverick 10.10.

Best way IMHO is to distribute Ubuntu software via a PPA.
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA. Probably works good for Debian
and others with apt too.

I will do some digging if I can find someone interested in creating a
PPA with ews.

Rgds