Re: [Evolution] Evolution can't empty trash

Am Freitag, den 08.04.2011, 11:05 -0700 schrieb Richard E Hagelstein
Jr.:
Hello,
I am getting 50 or so junk emails a day (don't know why).  My Evolution
can't expunge the trash.  I get an error.  The error box says there's a
mismatch somewhere.  So these junk emails are rapidly filling my hard
drive, and I can't delete them. Any ideas??
Richard

From the mail header I conclude that you use version 2.28. I am also
still "hooked" to that "ancient" version. But I applied some patches
regarding that "can't empty trash"-problem and haven't seen it in a
long time.
You can get the patches from
http://www.t-mittelstaedt.de/evo-patches-2-28.tar.gz
and http://www.t-mittelstaedt.de/evo-eds-patches-2-28.tar.gz.

But you need to know how to build evolution from source. See
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2010-November/msg00004.html.
Just check out the gnome-2-28 branch instead of the gnome-2-32.
I would be willing to assist you in building the app.

Hope that helps,

--
thomas