[Evolution] Keeping screen settings

I'm trying out Evolution in Mint Debian running in a VM in Windows 7.
When I first boot up and launch Evolution it doesn't remember the window
(pane) settings from the last time it was run. If I reset them and then
close Evolution and relaunch it, all seems to be well - the pane
settings are as the last time I ran it, it seems to be just when the
system is first booted. I'm using  the three vertical pane view on a
wide screen monitor. The message list in the centre jumps to the right,
leaving a very narrow message pane.

Whilst it's no big deal to drag the pane back each time I start up, I
wondered if this was a known bug, or if there is something I'm missing
that will lock the settings where I leave them?

Regards,

Bob