Re: [Evolution] evolution error while fetching mail

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 11:47 +0200, Irina Pulyakhina wrote:
Dear evolution users,

I'm trying to use GNOME evolution 2.28.3 that was installed om my
system by default. I'm trying to use it with the gmail account and
with a couple more accounts but it doesn't work for neither of them.
I've used the standard options for gmail account (pop.gmail.com for
receiving mail, SSL encryption; smtp.gmail.com for sending mail, also
SSL encryption). But I always get the following error on the bottom
panel of the window: "evolution error while fetching mail". So I have
not still succeeded in either getting or receiving email from this
linux system.

Gmail recommends TSL for receiving and SSL for sending. See the Gmail
Help page.

(And it's not quite correct to describe POP as *the* standard. IMAP is
to be preferred in my view).

poc