Re: [Evolution] autocreate/autodelete tmpfilters for mailinglist threads/subthreads

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 11:08 +0200, "The Wicked Wookie" wrote:
On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 09:34 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 03:01 +0200, "The Wicked Wookie" wrote:
I wonder if Evolution is capable of autocreate/delete temporary filters
for messages that belong to a certain mailing list thread/subthread?!

I don't want to go through the 'classic' filter creation procedure
(clicking lots of buttons, wasting lots of time). I'm rather seeking a
lightspeed keyboard shortcut way of doing it on arbitrary threads.

The specific thread filters should also get autodeleted after some time
so they don't pollute my filter space unnecessarily over time.

It's not autodeleted, but what about Right click and "create rule from
message"?

The Right click is a good start. But how about having also your own
filter templates in the context menu? Like 'Filter based on thread' or
more specific 'Trash all messages related to this Message-ID/Reference'.

Are these two different things? It's hard to know what you mean. Note
that there is currently no explicit match on Message-ID so that would
need to be added. Also, there's no way to specify a filter based on
properties derived from another message at runtime.

It would make life on high volume mailinglists so much easier. Although
a filter-expire would be vital in such a use case... know what I mean?!

My advice is to try and make this proposal more precise (it seems very
vague and hand-wavy at the moment), and then submit it as a Request For
Enhancement.

poc